Back in January we had the first rLab quad-copter build party. And here is my effort.
This has flown well, and I have slowly learnt how to fly these things. This learning process has involved quite a few crashes, with varying degrees of damage. I think I have replaced the arms about 8 times now, and recently the body frame was so broken that I needed a total rebuild the machine. I decided to try and rebuild it with the body hanging down and all the control stuff inside the body of the copter. Here is the result of my efforts.
This seems to be a an improvement. The flight is more stable and easier to control. Take-off and landing are easier as there is a bit more space under the props. The control unit is harder to get at but this has not proved much of a problem. Overall a great improvement.